Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Life As An Elder Lesson #1

Hey how’s it going??? Maybe I’ll catch you on the computer or something. So it’s been pretty good this week so far. After next week there will only be four people in our district, and there will also be new zone leaders because some people leave on Monday for North Carolina. But anyhows it’s going pretty good here at the MTC. Food is still super boring and I’m starting to get sick. Whoopee. Just what I need. It’s a huge distraction because it makes it hard for me to breathe when I sleep so I’m super tired every day in class. And the meds you gave me don’t help at all at night. It’s really aggravating. But the Spanish is coming on pretty well. Me and Elder Alba have been practicing contacting and getting to know people a lot in Spanish. We go at least twice a week to a place called the trc (trc???) which is where you go teach other teachers and stuff and they help you improve your Spanish and teaching skills. It’s fun. I can understand Spanish very well, it’s just I have a mental block speaking it because the thought process is a little different in Spanish if that makes sense.

I did get the dear elder package last week and I have not yet gotten the sweater that was sent to me, so I have no idea. But you can order shirts at the bookstore here for your mission. I got one for me for Honduras and I also got one for dad for Paraguay!!! If you guys want me to get you some shirts FOR MISSIONS AND STUFF JUST LET ME KNOW. THEY ARE SUPER CHEAP. Whoops sort of accidentally hit caps lock. Did you forward my letter to Logan?? I need his address also. I need Weston’s and Brandt’s and Jay’s addresses as well. I need to write them.

It seems like I have been here forever, and it also seems like time is flying by for me as well. I can’t wait to get out of here and down to Honduras to teach people. There are some kids here that I just want to smack around. On Monday we were in a large group meeting and there were four kids sitting in front of us. They are in the other zone on our floor and they are Swedish speaking missions. But these kids were acting like freshmen. Honestly, I just wanted to get grab them all and just tell them to grow up or go home in all sincerity. Because if they keep acting like that they are gonna get a huge wakeup call when they leave the MTC, and probably for the worse. And ALOT of the elders here blatantly break the rules. It makes me soooooo mad and the rules are so simple!!!!!!! Like a lot of elders read their mail whenever they get it and stuff and it states that you are only supposed to read it in your rooms during personal time. Me and my dl (district leader), Elder Crane, yesterday saw about ten elders reading their letters when they were supposed to be studying. Argh, people frustrate me!!!!! And another thing is the elders have emphasized the fact that we be polite to all of the sisters here, and the people that work in the cafeteria. Some of the elders I just want to whip them into shape because they don’t respect the sisters or the people in the cafe. There was one guy yesterday that had I been able to get to him I would have chewed him out so bad. He was literally like yelling at a lady that worked in the cafeteria. I was so mad!!!! And Elder Alba! But someone else got to him before I did and chewed him out pretty good. Serves his self righteous self right!!!! We are to under no circumstances are we ever to have like a more than friends type relationship or even slightly flirt with the sisters. So many elder break that rule and it honestly disappoints me. I’m just like come on guys. You’re here to give your two years to the lord, not trying to impress the sister missionaries here at the MTC. They just need to grow up and get over themselves so they can know why they are here. But anyways my time is almost up.

Love you guys!!!!!!!! I miss ya!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure glad that both Elder Brooks are so obedient and not rule-breakers like some of those missionaries described in his note. Teresa and Dan - you've done a great job with your kids!

    ReplyDelete